home about me recipes morsels

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Muffin Man

My husband is a muffin man.  I think his love affair with muffins started at a young age and I'm pretty sure part of our marriage vows included me making his mother's coveted raspberry muffin recipe no less than 12 times a year for the rest of our lives. Thankfully, this recipe is the simplest muffin recipe ever and super delicious.  Total prep time is less than fifteen minutes and you can enjoy a scrumptious warm muffin shortly thereafter.  If you are looking for a perfect recipe to make for guests or just for yourself [no judgement here] then this is the recipe for the job!

Raspberry Muffins

Makes 1 Dozen Muffins

2 and 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Spray regular muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.  In bowl combine - flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  In a separate bowl beat milk, melted butter, vanilla and egg with a fork.  Add liquid mixture to flour mixture and still until flour is moist.  Add raspberries.  Do not over stir. Bake 18-20 or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Enjoy!

PS: This recipe has been stud muffin approved.


PPS:  I have NO idea what I'm doing when it comes to food photography.  With that - until I can figure 0.0001 of it out, I'll be using my iPhone for food pics. #fail

PPS:  I maybe or definitely did eat no less than 4 muffins while writing this post.... and yes, I just worked out. #fail again.


A special thank you to my mother-in-law, Sandra for this delicious recipe!
Click here for a printable version of this recipe. 
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. After skipping breakfast at home this morning the thought of Burger King breakfast crossed my mind. After reading this recipe while waiting to drop my kids off at school my mouth began to water and Burger King was tossed out the window. An impulse trip to the grocery store for Rasberries was planned and I soon had the fuel to feed the urge of eating the delicious looking muffins! I walked in the door and turned on the oven first thing. My mouth is now filled with the sensational taste of rasberry muffins and my tummy is full. (after eating 3 of them!)
    Thank you for your impeccable timing as had you not posted, that gross Burger King would have been turning in my belly right now!
    Wonderfully Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherri - I'm SO glad you enjoyed them! Aren't they so easy to make? I'd take one of these babies over BK any day. Your comment totally made my day!

      Delete
  2. Nicole, these look AMAZING! I'm going to try them out this weekend...your comment was cute about them being part of your wedding vows! Thanks for the recipe : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather - definitely let me know if you make them. They are a staple in my household! I think baby Fiona is going to love them too!

      Delete
  3. I ate one while reading this. They are still great a few days later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. raspberries are my favorite so I am definitely going to try out this recipe. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...